This was the nicest thing that happened to me yesterday particularly having just had two of my wisdom teeth extracted; on the upside it has allowed me to time to catch up with your posts. The only other thing I have ever won was a small tin of Quality Street in a school raffle. I want to say a big thank you to Priscilla at Online dating journal, which in itself presented a bit of a problem because she would have been one of my nominations. If you haven’t caught her blog, check it out as I love her frank approach and her writing has me laughing out loud. As I am a newbie to this blogging malarkey, I still have a lot to learn but I have loved, loved, loved “meeting” you all and reading all your posts and bios. As I have said before this world of blogging has been an unexpected delight and one that I cherish.
The rules of receiving this award are:
1. Add the award to your blog
2. Thank the blogger who gave it to you and include a link to their blog.
3. Mention 7 random things about yourself.
4. List the rules.
5. Give the award to 15 or more bloggers.
The Seven Random Things about me are:
1. I am guaranteed a sleepless night if I watch any horror film – just the trailer alone will give me nightmares.
2. I love gardening although I’m not very good at it – but I can dream!
3. I can incinerate frozen pizza
4. As a child I was addicted to Enid Blyton books.
5. I am a lightweight in the alcohol department, one drink I’m slewed and two I’m stocious (but on the upside it does make me a cheap date).
6. When we were kids I used to lick my sweets and put them back in the packet so my sister wouldn’t steal them – still do!
7. I deplore cruelty and injustice
It has been so difficult to whittle down to 15 of my favourite blogs because there are so many good ones … In no particular order the award goes to:
1. Petchary’s blog; it’s a passionate and well-informed blog beautifully written by an expat living in Jamaica
2. There and Back; one of my favourites because I enjoy reading her posts on where she’s been and I particularly like her pieces on Turkey
3. A nurse note ; her beautiful post “To Aryana” made me cry and appreciate the wonderful work that medical staff undertake all over the world
4. Our Weird and Wonderful World; have some of the most beautiful pictures and help to compensate for me not having a garden
5. Tall Tales/A Travel Blog; really like reading about her travels, particularly as she’s recently visited the part of the world that I come from – check out her impressive pieces on Gallipoli.
6. Animal Couriers; because it covers two of my favourite things – animals and travel
7. EyesOfDysseus ; some really stunning images
8. Marviiilous; I just love her pictures
9. Czech the Flip ; an expat living in the Czech Republic and writing about her family’s experiences
10. The Art of Letting Go; another talented photographer
11. Finding Ann MacGregor; a really brave and inspiring blog
12. Movin’ On; really enjoy the variety of this one
13. The Collaborative Writer ; this is a fab blog for those wanting to develop their writing skills, lots of really good advice as this lady knows her stuff.
14. One Day at a Time: this blog follows the author’s preparation for a triathlon – feel exhausted just reading her daily entries.
15. City Life Picture; Now I would be a little biased here but check out Dianne Jones at Knitting Galore pictures – she lives in Kusadasi and posts some really good photographs of the places she visits.