Probably as most of you, I get days when I’m in a funk and unable to concentrate or settle down to some writing. In fact, I will go so far as to say I will positively do anything to avoid writing. Nowadays, when this happens, I usually read through lots of blogs and this can go on for a couple of days or so. Eventually, I’ll read a post, comment or admire a picture which will be the spark that slowly begins to motivate me. You may not even be aware of it, but inspiration is something you all have in spades. I can honestly say that without you, I wouldn’t have started the Honeymoon stories and I would still be writing about Turkish toilets. I remain a complete numpty in the technical department and I am not expecting that to change anytime soon either. So for now I’m just going to borrow a phrase from Mark Twain and say that kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see; and for all your kindness I thank you!
Now the rules are:
Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them in your post Share 7 things about yourself
Nominate 15 or so bloggers you admire (apologies but I’ve just nominated 7 because of time). Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they’ve been nominated
I would like to thank the following fellow bloggers for these awards:
The Morning Star Bed & Breakfast for the Reader Appreciation Award
Eat O Live for the Sunshine Award
Sue Ann’s Balcony for the Beautiful Blogger Award
back to life for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award
Seven Random Facts About Boring Me
1. My Grandma taught me to crochet when I was a child and I have to say I am now quite proficient; I can even follow a pattern.
2. My christian name is actually Deborah, however, when I was at primary school one of my fellow pupils found his Dad’s stash of porn videos including the infamous “Debbie Does Dallas” film, and the rest as they say is history. Obviously I was mortified at that young age to be named after a Porn Queen but I am accustomed to it now; although I am a tad envious as I am just not that bendy. Only my Mum continues to call me Deborah.
3. My family don’t read my blog – occasionally my Mum will read the odd post but my both my Dad and Grandad are really only interested in the gardening blogs, particularly Kaye over @ latebloomershow and Anna @ oceannah. They are also fans of Hayley over @ tall tales; as they really liked her posts on Gallipoli and most recently her travels around the UK. The men in my family recognise a good woman when they see one!
4. We have currently two rescue cats at home Chloe & Hobo both now eight. Hobo was returned to the shelter five times by the time he was six months; so we thought he better come home with us and he is now nearly the size of a small Shetland pony. Chloe was pulled out of the water by a fisherman as someone had tried to drown her; she looked like a gremlin since all her fur had been shaved because of the oil. She is a proficient fisherman herself and keeps bringing back Koi carp from various ornamental ponds in the neighbourhood. All are still alive and unharmed, and are currently swimming around my Dad’s fish pond awaiting collection. If this continues I fear my Mum & Dad will have to relocate.
5. Mum and Dad have also been joined by a huge white stray and a fifteen year old one eared cat with cataracts, both just came in through the cat flap one day and stayed. The big fella had been living rough and the old boy’s owner no longer wanted him as she had a new kitten; sadly we live in a very disposable world these days. I was once told by a volunteer at the shelter that owners don’t choose their cats; that they actually choose you and I believe that she was right.
6. I talk to myself – a lot!
7. I make a mean Tartini Martini.
Drum roll please and the nominations are ……………….
Firstly, if I have forgotten someone, I apologise unreservedly. Secondly, we all know how much work is involved with these posts so please remember that this is an acknowledgement of your amazing blogs. No one will be offended if you are unable to participate owing to time or family restraints. In which case, just add whichever award badge you would like to your blog. And above all enjoy your moment and have fun.